I have spent a lot of time with people’s calendars trying to schedule time to meet with them one-on-one. Here are a few tips/tricks that I use:
- Talk with people about what their typical schedule looks like so you get an idea as to when they are usually free.
- Ask for two times instead of just one and let them know you will circle back when you have a confirmation (this works great for group meetings).
- Try and have shorter meetings so it is easier for people to give up their time. Often times 30 minutes is enough time.
- Schedule a month out this is easier for everyone. Most people are usually pretty fully booked two weeks ahead of time.
- Make a quick phone call then follow up with an email. Once you know how they best communicate follow up with them that way.
- Respond immediately when they provide you with their availability. This allows you to be sure that their schedule does not change.
- Follow up individually instead of as a group. If you ask a group for a time you will traditionally not get any responses.
Please share your tricks of the trade. I know you have and will be setting up a lot of future appointments and I could use any tips or help you have.