Everyone has special tricks to get the conversation started. Some people love the excitement of meeting new people and others dread it. What kinds of ice breakers do you use to start and sustain a conversation? Here are a few that I’ve tried; I’d love to add more to the list.
- What first connected you to this organization?
- Do you volunteer with other organizations around town?
- Have you lived in this area for a long time? Are you from Washington?
- What do you do? How is business? Do you enjoy what you do?
- Do you have any trips coming up that you are looking forward to?
- How are things going at work, is it a busy time for you?