I’m always trying to let you know right away when I learn about a new online award or grant. The Edge Group in Washington and California is celebrating their 5 year anniversary with a $1,000 award. They believe that nonprofits often describe themselves with such generic language that they become invisible to the communities they are in.
If you’ve got 15 minutes to tell them your organizations story, and are a 501(c)3 you are eligible. Answer the following questions using “visible, mission specific language” on their website in 100 words or less per question.
- Describe your nonprofit organization, who are you?
- What does your organization do/offer to fulfill your mission?
- Where (geographically, office locations, etc.) do you fulfill your mission?
- When do you offer your service, products, or programs (week/month/year)?
- Tell us something unique or special about your organization.
The deadline to submit your application is August 31, 2009. The winner will be announced via email and on The Edge website on September 15, 2009.