Ok, so I’m getting excited about a new idea. Who would get excited about all of us together starting an online community where we promote each other’s online fundraising?
Would you be willing to commit to comment and vote for each other to win/raise money for your organization? Online fundraising can be really hard especially when you’re first getting started. But through this blog maybe we can make it easier for everyone.
Here are a couple of ideas that I’m thinking we could offer if together we decided to create this community.
- Promotion of nonprofits who are competing for online grants & awards to help bring up your voting numbers
- Forum discussions on fundraising and social media issues, along with forum leaders/experts to help coordinate and answer questions
- Live video feed discussions where I will (or try to) answer any social media or nonprofit question from your nonprofit
- A resource for you to ask questions and provide outside advice on how your organization can think about social media and online fundraising questions
This idea will not work unless I get a flood of responses from all of you. Please send me an email or leave a comment (or both!) if you would like to join. If you would be willing to co-lead a component this concept please send me an email and I’d love your input.
As we plan and think about this feel free to invite your friends or let other nonprofits know about this idea. What does that mean?
- RT (retweet) this post on Twitter
- Put a link to it in your Facebook status update
- Send a couple emails to friends and see if they’d be interested