We are all in the midst of holiday fundraising and I created this Top 10 list of things that you might find yourself doing this holiday season. I’ve intentionally left off number 1 because I want to hear from you.
Things You Might Do this Holiday Season:
10. While writing a thank you letter try to find as many ways as you can to say Happy Holidays without saying Merry Christmas.
9. Frantically work with other departments to put the finishing touches on your holiday cards before it’s too late.
8. Take a deep breath on the week of Christmas because after three weeks of utter chaos your phone doesn’t ring at all.
7. Call donors to try and get them to attend a last minute holiday party.
6. Call those same donors back to cancel your holiday party due to lack of attendance and rescheduling to January for a “winter celebration.”
5. Talk with lapsed donors in droves who seem to appear out of the woodworks for only a few days around the holidays.
4. Gorge yourself on cookies and brownies that everyone seems to put in the kitchen.
3. Discover just how tacky a cubical can be as co-workers decorate trying to make three metal walls into a livable festive space.
2. Consider buying a Santa outfit, a red bucket, and a bell as one more major donor’s gift comes in smaller than the year before.
Lets hear your number 1 leave a comment below.