This Month’s Giving Carnival is about what motivates giving? Why do donors give money away? You can see my thoughts in my posting, What Motivates Giving. We have a number of wonderful articles from bloggers on this topic this month so make sure to check out their site and possibly leave a comment.
- Phil Cubeta at, Gift Hub, provides a list of a number of reasons people give. Read his article, What Motivates Giving?
- Richard Marker at, Wise Philanthropy, writes about giving from the funders perspective. Check out his posting, What Motivates Giving- the funder’s perspective.
- Sean Stannard-Stockton at, Tactical Philanthropy, believes that giving comes out of a desire to find meaning. Read his post, Why Do People Give to Charity?
- Roger Carr at, Every Day Giving, talks about how matching funds can increase giving. Read his post, Unique Way to Encourage Others to Give.
- Jake Seliger at, Grant Writing Confidential, posted an article, Why Do People Give? And Other Unanswerable Questions.
- Michael Gibbons at, Make Hope, asks the deeper question what motivates giving to you? Check out his post, What Motivates Giving?
Some other great articles about giving: Seeking Grant Money Today’s, What Motiviates Giving?; Donor Power Blog’s, How to have Kiva’s problem; Nonprofit Leadership Innovation and Change’s, What Motivates Giving?; Dollar Philanthropy’s, Excitement in the Inbox; Look to the Stars’, Editorial: What Motivates Giving? Thanks for reading. If you want to be on a list to receive updates about the next Giving Carnival send me an email at email@example.com and I will add you to the list.