Welcome back to an online interview with experts in the online fundraising industry. I am excited to see what the future of online giving looks like. Today each expert has the opportunity to talk about exactly why his or her business is unique. Please make sure to post additional questions, comments and feedback at the bottom of the post. And make sure that if you are interested in talking with any of these groups in more detail that you visit their website (or post a comment or email me and I can introduce you them).
How your service is different and what do you provide?
At PaySimple, we have developed a fundraising system that is simple to use and offers non-profits the ability to collect payments and donations in person, by phone, or online, and via electronic check or credit card. PaySimple sets itself apart from other systems by providing clients with live support and training during every phase of setup. Non-profits don’t have to worry about not being tech-savvy-we do everything for them. Read more about how a Boy Scout Troop simplified their fundraiser at Fundraising Made Simple www.paysimple.com/articles/boyscouts.html.
–Eric Remer, CEO for PaySimple www.paysimple.com
Firstgiving enables any individual to raise funds for any non-profit of their choice by creating an online fundraising page. Individuals create pages for an event, in memory of some one or an occasion like a wedding, birthday, anniversary, etc. Individuals can email their page to friends or add a widget to their blog, social network or email footer.
Here’s what’s different about Firstgiving…it’s easy and affordable for any organization of any size:
- Any individual can create a fundraising page for NPO registered with the IRS. We use the Guidestar database to vet these organizations. Fundraisers can personalize their fundraising page. The process is simple.
- As of last week, any non-profit can get their own free Firstgiving start page (like this: www.firstgiving.com/npo/3179). This enables any charity to engage their supporters to raise funds for them.
- Funds get routed to the NPO monthly via check or weekly via electronic funds transfer.
- Individuals get an email module to email their page and import email addresses. They get a widget to put on a blog or social network. We offer a Facebook app so they can bring their page to their friends on Facebook.
–Mark Sutton CEO of Firstgiving www.firstgiving.com
DonorPerfect Fundraising Software:
DonorPerfect provides a range of online donation services that makes it easy for a non-profit to collect donations AND analyze them. One of our key differences is that all of the donations are stored in a central database, and automatic duplicate checks are performed to make sure you have a complete view of a donor’s history. This way, you can target these donors for future solicitations using our unique analytical and wealth screening reporting system, so that you can maximize your returns and raise more money.
Many services, such as Paypal, only process the donation and the non-profit is left to fend for themselves. Worse, there is usually no way to customize the form (Does the donor want to remain anonymous? Is the donation for a special event and we need to know their T-shirt size?). Furthermore, it’s also unlikely that the service will identify how or why the donation was given, making future solicitation efforts useless because you’re not able to ascertain the intent of the donation.
With DonorPerfect, you’re able to capture all of these important details, store them in an unduplicated database, and then target these very same donors for future solications – both online *and* offline.
–Jon Biedermann, Vice President of DonorPerfect Fundraising Software www.donorperfect.com
GiveStream is unique in its approach. It gives the non-profits a free easy-to-use dedicated giving center to fundraise and communicate in a new way. GiveStream benefits are:
- It’s free to you and your supporters
- It has the potential to bring in thousands of dollars in contribution using the Shop, Search & Donate.
- It has a comparison product search engine.
- Besides contributing the supporter can also compare prices and find for him self the best deal.
- It’s private, no other non-profit to share the same center.
- It’s customizable, you can add contents and links (can be used as a primary website or as a subsidiary).
- You can easily send out email newsletters to communicate with your supporters using our Newsletter Creator.
- The downloadable toolbar (which features the non-profit logo) puts the organization directly onto the supporters’ web browser and makes it convenient for them to use GiveStream without having to enter any website.
- You get a cool Facebook application that your supporters can show on their profile.
–Michael Ben-Nes, Director of Marketing from GiveStream.com www.givestream.com
Click and Pledge:
There’s a reason Click & Pledge has grown to over 7,000 customers: we provide the best value in the NP segment….world class software, security, ease-of-use, custom for NPOs…only pay for what you need and what you use. You can pay one of the big providers $1,000+ or pay us $50 for
- a payment system,
- a donor management system and
- a web content management system
When you invest in traditional software, the vendors are in charge…you must continually purchase upgrades, maintenance, training etc. With Click & Pledge, it’s on-demand, live software that you only pay for on a transaction basis. All support, upgrades, security and so forth is incumbent upon us to provide. True Software as a Service.
–Jim Barney VP, Marketing & Sales of Click and Pledge www.ClickandPledge.com
The service provided by my organization is different in that it is currently the only online donating service that allows the donor to receive Lifetime Cash RewardsTM for donations as small as $25.
Here’s how it works: You make a donation to your favorite charity through echoDonations.orgTM. All donations, large and small, are combined in an online charitable mutual fund, which is invested and monitored for performance in the market. As the charitable mutual fund builds investment return, annual Lifetime Cash RewardsTM are distributed to donors and charities while building an endowment for the charity.
The benefit to nonprofits is exponential by way of the annual cash received and through the increased donor loyalty gained from receiving their rewards.
There are two choices for donors on what to do with the interest earned: Give & Get BackTM or Give & GrowTM.
- Give & Get BackTM – With this option, the interest is split between you (or your beneficiary) and your charity. Each of you gets a yearly check for the interest, and when you die, your charity gets your original donation. Use this option to get Lifetime Cash RewardsTM.
- Give & GrowTM – With this option, the charity gets half the interest in a yearly check. The other half is reinvested in the charitable mutual fund. When you die, the charity gets the original donation plus all the compound interest it has earned.
–Michelle Matthews, Social Media & Marketing Strategist from EchoDonations www.EchoDonations.org
Don’t forget to check out each expert’s website. Please comment with questions or other feedback. Check out other questions this week: